Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-06-17 12:14:17

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

Problem flashing both USB and JTAG

I'm trying to flash my PM3 with no luck...

Over USB, I get:

expected = 00000100 flush, ERROR: the device is not connected

the PM3 then reboots. I have tried this multiple times with the button held down, not held down, etc. etc. both on vmware and native windows installs.

I've also tried over JTAG using a ARM-USB-TINY interface from Olimex, and Rowley Crossworks software, and although it can see the device, connect to it as a target and even read the memory out and subsequently verify it, it cannot erase or program new firmware...

Any ideas?

#2 2009-06-18 10:37:02

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

Re: Problem flashing both USB and JTAG

OK, thanks to Roel, this problem is solved! smile

Still no idea why JTAG didn't work, but on USB it's all a question of timing... Although the documentation says it's normal for the first flash to fail and the device to reboot, what wasn't clear was that you must start the 2nd attempt at a specific time during the reboot: when the green & yellow lights are still on together, which will  last about 3 seconds.

On my machine it's not possible to do this under vmware as windows hasn't had time to grab the device back before it's moved on, so the initial bootrom flash had to be done on a native install. However, as mentioned in other docs, once the new bootloader is on there it's easy to flash the os and fpga as holding the button down keeps it in flashing mode for as long as you need...

Sweet!

Board footer