Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-04-18 18:49:02

jellies

Doorking DKS Apartment key - LF tag - identification?

I believe I have this tag: http://www.affordableopeners.com/dks-doorking-1508-123-key-tags-lots-of-50.html

And am considering obtaining a Proxmark3 to copy it. I THINK from googling, it should be a 125khz/ 26-bit weigand card, but it appears to be proprietary "DK Prox" type of RFID.

I am unable to copy it with my current HID copier.

Would the Proxmark3 be able to read/ write this type of key? And if so, what type of RFID tag should I obtain to do so? Or do you think I can write over an existing key?

#2 2016-05-08 14:06:21

rfidnewbie
Contributor

Re: Doorking DKS Apartment key - LF tag - identification?

Hello, I'm trying to do the same thing. Were you able to find a solution?

#3 2016-05-12 06:19:00

mnelson
Contributor

Hi @jellies and @rfidnewbie,

The Doorking DK PROX 1508-123 FOB (and corresponding card: 1508-120) aren't encoded like HID cards.  True, they are 125 KHz, and the Facility Code plus Serial Number plus Parity Bits add up to 26-Bits.  But you'll need 40-Bits of info to clone it to a generic T55x7 card/FOB.  I've been able to read what I call "the top end" (I'm sure there's a better term for it) of the credentials using my PM3, and have successfully reproduced cards and FOBs this way.

If you're interested in RF and security, then of course you should go buy one.  The Proxmark is a very fun rabbit hole to fall down.  Anyone who has a bit of experience with the tool should be able to figure out the formatting quite quickly if they have a working card/ FOB in-hand.  Like many contributors to this forum, I'm of the mind set that you're better off learning to fish rather than be given free fish (hopefully that translates correctly). 

If you're not in it for the long haul, post a reply here.  I can make you a clone as long as you can provide the numbers on the FOB.  A single FOB will cost orders of magnitude less than a PM3.

#4 2016-05-12 23:16:57

ericlam2728
Contributor
Website

mnelson wrote:

The Doorking DK PROX 1508-123 FOB (and corresponding card: 1508-120) aren't encoded like HID cards.  True, they are 125 KHz, and the Facility Code plus Serial Number plus Parity Bits add up to 26-Bits.  But you'll need 40-Bits of info to clone it to a generic T55x7 card/FOB.  I've been able to read what I call "the top end" (I'm sure there's a better term for it) of the credentials using my PM3, and have successfully reproduced cards and FOBs this way.

If you're interested in RF and security, then of course you should go buy one.  The Proxmark is a very fun rabbit hole to fall down.  Anyone who has a bit of experience with the tool should be able to figure out the formatting quite quickly if they have a working card/ FOB in-hand.  Like many contributors to this forum, I'm of the mind set that you're better off learning to fish rather than be given free fish (hopefully that translates correctly). 

If you're not in it for the long haul, post a reply here.  I can make you a clone as long as you can provide the numbers on the FOB.  A single FOB will cost orders of magnitude less than a PM3.

I cant seem to read anything when i investigate the card all i get is a bunch of zeros any ideas?

#5 2016-05-13 00:54:50

mnelson
Contributor

What's printed on the card?  Does it have the DKS or IDTeck logo in a light silver ink?  Does the inkjet printing say something like DKProx 002 12345, or does it have something like I1504 002 12345?

If it has the logo and something like I1504 002 12345, check out this thread.

If it says something like DKProx 002 12345, then “lf search” should have found what you’re looking for.

#6 2016-05-14 20:43:43

rfidnewbie
Contributor

mnelson wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I just wanted to make a copy of my apartment gate keycard, so I bought an hid cloner from ebay, but it doesn't read the card at all. I should of have researched better before buying it. How much do you charge to make a copy of my card. The card is a clamshell card with DKS stamped on it with a serial number on the bottom ### ### #####. Thanks again!

#7 2016-05-17 00:44:53

mnelson
Contributor

Does the numbering at the bottom start with "DKProx" or a letter and four numbers (something like I1504)?  If it's the DKProx, then yes, I can make one just by knowing the the rest of the numbers.  If it's the card that starts with a letter and four numbers, then no, I can't clone it without having the actual card in-hand.  (That said others might, but I'm not as good at this as many of the other forum members).

#8 2016-06-20 23:05:37

marshmellow
Contributor

post some traces and i'll have a look.

#9 2016-09-19 11:23:41

lonewolf
Contributor

mnelson wrote:

I've been able to read what I call "the top end"

In case anyone else is wondering, the "top end" 16 bits are the 4-digit family model # in BCD.

#10 2016-10-17 13:04:42

Capital_ry
Contributor

My key fob has Dk prox and a set of numbers on it. I would like to make a copy. Please let me know who can do this!

#11 2017-01-09 15:36:18

Onisan
Contributor

Capital_ry Where are you based
I'm in Canary Wharf and I think that's a card I can copy to a fob.
Gary

Board footer