Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-09-27 22:03:13

d18c7db
Contributor

Change to the PM3 header files

Hi all, I've commited a small but potentially potent change to the SVN. New compiled code after this change tested fine with my board but feedback would be appreciated. If there's a serious reason for this not to go ahead it can be reverted quite easily (only one source file changed, one added).

This change switches to the standard Atmel AT91SAM7S512.h header file as used by pretty much everyone on "teh nets" that writes code for the AT91 micro. The andvantage is that existing source code written against the standard header file can be directly imported (or assimilated) into PM3 code without too much tedious manual effort converting all the register references.

The reason I chose the AT91SAM7S512.h is that it is a superset of the other include files and besides most PM3s use a 256 or 512 chip. The old at91sam7s128.h include file has changed and become basically a translation between the old register references and the standard references. Those in the know should probably review it now that all that info is in one file, eventually (if there are no major issues) all these translations should be moved into the main source code files and at91sam7s128.h would disappear.

#2 2009-09-28 12:33:15

henryk
Contributor

Re: Change to the PM3 header files

Ahh, great work! I remember that I was initially very confused and then didn't understand why the original author seemed to have made up their own defines and not use the standard include file. When I then inevitably hit the point where at91sam7s128.h didn't have the defines I needed, I pondered for a moment whether to introduce the proper header file into the source. I then decided it to be too much work and simply added a couple defines of my own, instead of properly solving the problem. Thanks for taking care of that.

Board footer