Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-12-03 11:46:06

Sparky
Contributor

Noobie to RFID, oldie to Electronics.

Hi all.

What can I say that I have not already said in the title to this post?

Recently became interested in RFID devices due my proximity tag being disabled by an ever wonderful IT deptartment operating on the instructions of some unseen overseas company owner.

I loved my little tag, he was wonderful, always ready to help me enter the building at work, ever faithful and always at my side (as long as I remembered my bunch of door keys!).

Then, one day, a new and most horrid policy was introduced. All employee tags were to be deactivated, only proximity ISO cards allowed. Poor Taggy (that's what I called him you see), just lay there in my hand, lifeless, dead...

I swore on his little black body with a contrasting blue band that I would avenge his deactivation. So here I am!

Sparky.

#2 2016-12-04 14:41:04

Sparky
Contributor

Re: Noobie to RFID, oldie to Electronics.

Forgot to mention, the system I'm tinkering with at the moment is the Paxton Net2...

Just aquired a Proxmark3 by Gezhi Electronic Co.

Spent most of yesterday finding ever newer firmware upgrades for it. It took a while initially to get comms with the device (I did not know which of the drivers were required), finally found that the CDC ones worked. I was then able to reflash the reader to (as far as I know) the latest firmware.

I'm still trying to understand how to issue commands directly to the Proxmark3, I've looked at a number of articles that show the supposed syntax for commands, and the commands themselves, but trying them gives mixed results. Does anyone know where to find an up to date article/download detailing the above? I get the feeling that the Proxmark3 becomes much more useful a tool if controlled directly rather than just relying on the pre-programmed ones on the click buttons on the GUI.

I'm also trying to understand how to script(?) sequences for transmit and receive (so long on, so long off, such and such pauses etc.), as I would like to use the Proxmark to trigger the Paxton cards/fobs, and maybe also decode them ultimately.

I already have some initial timing periods for the reader sequence used to trigger the card/fob, and what appears to be a 'stop transmitting' command issued by the reader.

So again, are there any good references as to how to get the Promarks to do these things?

Thanks, Sparky.

#3 2016-12-05 05:58:20

marshmellow
Contributor

Re: Noobie to RFID, oldie to Electronics.

welcome to the forum.
have a look at the wiki https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/wiki  there is some good info there.

i also think there is a topic about the paxton tags you are looking at.  if i have a chance i'll link it.  here is one topic on it

btw you are a contributor and can post in the other areas that apply to your needs.

Board footer