Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-12-19 10:43:13

CoolLink
Contributor

Problem Installing the ProxMark Driver for ProxMark 3 Kit

I downloaded the "ProxMark Driver-2012-01-15" from https://code.google.com/archive/p/proxmark3/downloads since the "ProxSpace-Driver-Current.7z" is not available on the link. When I follow the steps to install the drivers, I get an error of Windows was unable to install your unknown device. I tried all the necessary steps but can not be able to install the drivers.

I am using the PROXMARK III Getting started Guide for Windows 7 users version 1. Can someone please help in setting up my ProxMark3 kit drivers.

#2 2016-12-19 11:08:34

CoolLink
Contributor

Re: Problem Installing the ProxMark Driver for ProxMark 3 Kit

The OS I am using is: Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64 bit. The Proxmark under Device Manager is not shown under Human Interface Device but appears under Other device as Unknown device. When I select update driver software and select browse for driver software on computer, then select the folder where I extracted the "ProxMark Driver-2012-01-15" it brings up the error Windows was unable to install your unknown device.

Please help.

#3 2016-12-19 11:28:25

CoolLink
Contributor

Re: Problem Installing the ProxMark Driver for ProxMark 3 Kit

Is there something I am doing wrong? Or can someone share a getting started manual to use when first using the PM3.

Board footer