Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-03-08 14:41:35

Shameel
Contributor

UID for iClass DL card

hello,

could someone guide me, how to get the UID for iClass DL cards.
I have the below number printed on the card:
*00121 21122663-1

please correct me if i am wrong/missed out something.

thank you.

#2 2017-03-08 17:09:37

carl55
Contributor

Re: UID for iClass DL card

The UID is a fixed (and unique) 64-bit number that is programmed into Block 0 of the card at the factory. This number can be read by any ISO-15693 reader since it does not require any authentication to be read.
For an iclass card, the 8-byte UID will always be "xxxxxxxxxxxx12E0".

The numbers printed on the card include the HID access control card number and the HID credential order number. The UID is NOT printed on the card.
The HID access control application data is stored in protected memory (Blocks 6-9) and includes the programmed credential number along with a programmed facility code. The credential number is usually printed on the card (00121 in your case).This is the information that is used to generate the wiegand data stream that is sent to the backend controller and subsequently used to grant access.
The factory UID is only used by an iclass reader to calculate the cards diversified key which is used during the authentication process. Only after a successful card/reader authentication takes place can the protected HID access control information be read by the reader.

Last edited by carl55 (2017-03-08 17:12:51)

#3 2017-03-09 10:42:13

Shameel
Contributor

Re: UID for iClass DL card

thanks for the reply,

well in that case,i assume the only way to get the UID of the card is with help of a reader.

Board footer