Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-06-16 14:42:21

Rafrules123
Contributor

Magic Chinese Mifare CLASSIC Cards Mysteriously Stopped Working

Hey there, I’m new to the proxmark3 (I have the proxmark3Easy) and was just messing around with it recently. I purchased 2 Magic Chinese Mifare Classic Cards for cloning and whatnot, however have run into pretty big issues. [These cards are generation 2, as confirmed by the seller]

When I first got the 2 cards, both were detected by the command:

>proxmark3: hf search

As I began messing around with it, I somehow ended up breaking both cards. [Note: Both said MAGIC CHINESE: NO]

Card 1:

The proxmark3 doesn’t even recognise any form of a card, just says it cannot find anything. [If I wave the card around near the proxmark, a little green LED begins to flash, maybe that does something?]

Card 2:

The card is recognised, however, it brings the following error from the command hf search:

Card doesn't support standard iso14443-3 anticollision
ATQA : 00 00

Whats funny about this one is that I can still edit the UID, even if it says UID not embedded. I can see it has worked when I tap the card against my phone’s NFC scanner, and it displays the new UID.

I’m not really sure what to do now, and I am willing to provide logs. Please tell me if anymore information is required.

#2 2017-06-18 03:25:07

Rafrules123
Contributor

Re: Magic Chinese Mifare CLASSIC Cards Mysteriously Stopped Working

Hey all, I managed to fix the second card using the very informative video posted by iceman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idtBV9w … e=youtu.be

I ended up using the command:

hf mf csetuid 01020304 0004 18

to reset block0, and it worked!

Hope that helps anyone else.

#3 2017-06-22 06:58:28

samburner3
Contributor

DO you mind sharing the seller's link? Im trying to find cards that via proxmark3: Answers to magic commands:NO but is still uid changeable. see: http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4158

Is this the definition of gen 2? Is there a list anywhere explaining the different magic cards?

#4 2017-06-22 07:45:46

iceman
Administrator
Website

The definition of a  Gen 2,  is

a Magic Mifare classic card which is uid changable with normal write command (hf mf wrbl).  Doesn't use backdoor cmds.

For @OP,  try looking at the trace to really be sure.

hf 14a read
hf list 14a

Board footer