Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-11-18 01:44:14

jaudo
Contributor

PM3 Easy bricked

I tried to update the firmware of my PM3 elechouse (clone) device because I was unable to run a dark side attack (1 hour and no results).

My original version was an old 2.0.0
I saw this tutorial https://vimeo.com/133354217

So I came to the forum and downloaded one of the last official versions from a google drive repository (not github)...

...And I messed up. The device doesn't boot (if I keep the button pushed there's a sound, but nothing in the device manager).

The thing is, do I have to reflash it with a j-link v8? I found clones for 10$...

Maybe I didn't read enough. The device was working well except for the dark side attack...

I didn't installed the folder on the root C:/ of my HDD, but on a different folder... Was that the issue?

Damn I feel so bad right now... I would appreciate some help.

-Carlos.

#2 2017-11-18 05:07:09

Dot.Com
Contributor
Website

Re: PM3 Easy bricked

Maybe you can send a photo to here and which model you get. Making sure it is the original

Press and hold the button when you going flash. Let the proxmark3 get detected.

Last edited by Dot.Com (2017-11-18 18:10:22)

#3 2017-11-20 18:59:37

jaudo
Contributor

Dot.Com wrote:

Maybe you can send a photo to here and which model you get. Making sure it is the original

Press and hold the button when you going flash. Let the proxmark3 get detected.

Ty for the quick response, I see you are an advanced user. This is a photo of the device https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAKYG9daL3NE2Dr9tJTrbnqI0JP2Dwj1/view?usp=sharing

Now I found that if I plug it in a different usb port while the button is hold , the device gets detected, but when I stop holding the button it dissapears.

This gives me hope. What should I do? I was trying to update to 2.4 version and i installed the bootrom.bat and fullimage.bat

#4 2017-11-24 11:10:18

iceman
Administrator
Website

version 2.4 ?!?  That is a very old version. Sounds like an old @asper pre-compiled binary.

Latest release on GitHub is v3.0.1

-
Look at devicemanager if you have right comport,   since I suspect you are using a bat-file when you flash.

#5 2017-11-25 00:59:00

jaudo
Contributor

iceman wrote:

version 2.4 ?!?  That is a very old version. Sounds like an old @asper pre-compiled binary.

Latest release on GitHub is v3.0.1

-
Look at devicemanager if you have right comport,   since I suspect you are using a bat-file when you flash.

I was able to recover the board reflashing the bootrom while the button was pressed.

I recovered to its original version, the 2.0.0

I'll try to update the firmware to the last github version and follow the instructions right there.

PD: Now I tried to update the firmware with the github instructions but I receive the following error:
pm3 ~$ make clean && make all
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
pm3 ~$

I dont understand the github desktop thing, I just cloned the project from github, unzipped it and changed the folder name from proxmark-master to pm3 and moved it inside proxspace.

Last edited by jaudo (2017-11-25 02:03:46)

#6 2017-11-25 07:53:30

iceman
Administrator
Website

Well,  did you follow the instructions on Wiki ?

#7 2017-11-25 11:55:45

jaudo
Contributor

iceman wrote:

Well,  did you follow the instructions on Wiki ?

Yes, I followed the instructions. Same problem.

make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

PD: Now I did it with Ubuntu. I could flash the bootroom but I cant flash the fullroom for some reason i dont understand

PD2: Okay, I was able to flash the fullimage with the button pushed all the time. Now Im gonna check if its working

PD3: I could update the firmware to the last version (with ubuntu) but it works the same way it behave in the original firmware.
I think I bought a pretty bad proxmark3 easy clone, because it fails too much, I dont know why.

For instance, sometimes I have this:
WARNING: Command buffer about to overwrite command! This needs to be fixed!

While other times it fails to read a mifare classic tag.

It always fails when tryinf hf mf mifare. I read a very old firmware works better, I dont know why

Last edited by jaudo (2017-11-25 14:32:26)

Board footer