Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2011-02-25 13:24:34

FlUxIuS

Broken bootloader (apparently?)

Hi !

I bought a Proxmark III a month ago with removed JTAG pins (see: http://hackable-devices.org/products/pr … edition/). After testing it with a friend who has already a proxmark 3 with a stable firmware, we saw that some functions didn't work well. SO! We decided to downgrade the firmware version to "Release 2009 Summer".

Well, first I flashed the bootloader "./prox bootrom ../bootrom/obj/bootrom.s19" and after that I was very happy with this message... :

Resetting hardware...
All done.

Have a nice day!

...untill I noticed the red and yellow lights are blinking together (with a long period) and the device don't appear at all when I'm looking with a "lsusb", even if I track it with "watch lsusb"...

And then, my face turned into a "WTF?" O_o

I maybe know what I'm supposed to do --> Flashing with JTAG.

I saw that I need a 20-pin ARM JTAG Wiggler and a tool "armpgm" (Am I wrong?), but where can I buy the connector and which is the right position of the JTAG header =/?

Thank you very much !

Last edited by FlUxIuS (2011-02-25 13:28:16)

#2 2011-02-27 21:38:14

d18c7db
Contributor

Re: Broken bootloader (apparently?)

If the bootloader flashed OK, then hold down the button when you plug in the USB cable and it should appear on the USB bus, then while holding down the button you should be able to flash the osimage and fpgaimage. No need to JTAG.

And FFS make sure you use the client utilities from the client directory compiled from the Summer 09 (or whatever version you're flashing). Always always always always use the matching utilities for the version firmware that's flashed to your card.

#3 2011-02-27 23:04:13

FlUxIuS

Re: Broken bootloader (apparently?)

d18c7db wrote:

If the bootloader flashed OK, then hold down the button when you plug in the USB cable and it should appear on the USB bus, then while holding down the button you should be able to flash the osimage and fpgaimage. No need to JTAG.

And FFS make sure you use the client utilities from the client directory compiled from the Summer 09 (or whatever version you're flashing). Always always always always use the matching utilities for the version firmware that's flashed to your card.

Sounds like I wasn't patient enought while holding the button. After 2 (useless) JTAG reflash with an arduino + your precious advices (very useful) it is ALIVE smile

Thank you very much d18c7db!

Last edited by FlUxIuS (2011-02-27 23:10:44)

Board footer