Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-07-20 09:56:52

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

FPGA development

Having been through the pain of installing from scratch, here is an update for the manual:

FPGA development software is available free from Xilinx at the following address:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

You will need to create an account and log in to get to the software selection page. Once there, in the "Quick Links" section on the left hand side of the page, you will see a link to "Register and download 10.1 and earlier software". The version you need is "ISE WebPack 10.1" - DO NOT download the current or any version greater than 10 - versions 11 onwards do not support the Spartan II hardware.

The zipfile contains both a Windows and a Linux installer - "setup.exe" and "setup" respectively.

Unzip and run. The rest should be self explanatory! (Note it is safe to install updates for version 10, e.g. 10.1 Service Pack 3).

Once you've installed the tools, the file "go.bat" in the fpga subdirectory will build the image under Windows, or use 'make' under Linux.

(Note that I have not yet created the Makefile for Linux but will do so over the next few days...)

#2 2009-07-20 10:13:18

d18c7db
Contributor

Re: FPGA development

On a related note, I've changed the rbt2c.pl file to deal with DOS CRLF formatted files so go.bat doesn't die at the end creating an empty fpgaimg.c in the armsrc directory which has caused grief to ppl in the past. Having said that, the perl file my not like *nix formatted files now... I'm not a perl guy, so if someone can come up with a universal solution, be my guest. The change I made is to add the line   local $/ = "\r\n";    which sets the line delimiter to CRLF.

Board footer