Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-02-04 20:06:39

M&S
Contributor

General status for installing proxmark unsigned driver in 64bit system

What is the general status for installing proxmark unsigned driver on win7 64bit?

Could some one tell me he/she is using proxmark3 reliably on win7 64bit, or later window 64bit?

on win XP I have no problem but have big problem in win 7 64bit, SP1

I have followed the thread
http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4584#p4584
http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1627
http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4581#p4581
http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2119

I have tried to apply the above work-arounds and used more methods from
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/loading-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-7-and-vista-64-bit-x64/(5 Methods to Load Unsigned Drivers in Windows 7, 8 and Vista 64-bit (x64)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18950641/how-do-i-use-unsigned-driver-on-windows-7-8-8-1especially-64-bit
(How do I use unsigned driver on windows 7/8/8.1(especially 64 bit))
and http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo (Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b)

the CDC serial driver in the proxmark3 was very stable in Win dow XP (32bit, I think we should state the precise  PC architecture, when mention problem with the driver)

But, in win7 64bit, I have SP1,  if not have code 52, code 10, and window accept and list the driver in PORTS then the device is very instabile, e.g.  either window keep reinstall driver, or driver is accepted in normal, other test mode but GUI can not send any bit to the serial interface or error "ERROR: invalid serial port"

the main issue here is the unsigned driver, I also see some people going back to XP 32bit

What is the general Consensus with 64bit system.... do we have people who currently use successful installed stable proxmark driver on win7x64bit and higher window system?

Please if state yes then pls give infos which version which driver release

#2 2016-02-04 20:13:32

marshmellow
Contributor

Re: General status for installing proxmark unsigned driver in 64bit system

i have had no issues on windows 7 64 bit, windows 8.1 64 bit, windows 10 64 bit.  standard cdc driver (there is really only one CDC version as it just points to the windows usbser.sys).

as long as you tell windows to allow unsigned drivers to install it it should be fine. (using the various methods per OS version)

#3 2016-02-04 20:55:16

M&S
Contributor

Thanks Marshmellow. a ray of hope I am about to going back to XP 32bit.

"(there is really only one CDC version as it just points to the windows usbser.sys)"

USBSER.SYS
you mean the c:\proxmark3_master\driver\proxmark3.inf driver?

there is 2 files in the driver directory
the 77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules, and
proxmark3.inf

Or we speak about different things??

Last edited by M&S (2016-02-04 21:00:16)

#4 2016-02-04 21:50:17

M&S
Contributor

1454618783_dirver_issue_reinstall.jpg

just re-install driver. again after a few runs working well with HW version, hw tune etc... but then , proxmark3 reset it self, then invalid serial port

#5 2016-02-04 22:04:38

Apt-Get
Contributor

make sure you have a good USB cable and not using a usb hub.
also try a different USB port.
and set that com to 5.

#6 2016-02-04 22:57:32

marshmellow
Contributor

com# doesn't matter.  but ports might, some PC's have "bad" ports.  also make sure your pm3 firmware matches the client software versions. (i.e. reflash current versions)

#7 2016-02-05 00:54:54

M&S
Contributor

Thanks Apt-get. I use no hub, and the PM and same cable still work very fine on the laptop with XP ( I just have to connect it to a desktop monitor; it has broken screen, hence the trouble with PM on the new laptop)

@Marshmellow

I re-build within the directory proxmark3_master using
make clean && make all flash-all

the makefile is modified to COM6 (when flash I have to uninstall then install again to get the port; then plug/unplug, it found the PM and flashed auto. Here flash has not failed, only after sending few commands to port or just leave the PM alone for 5, 10min then it click resets itself, then win7 keeps reinstalling) The proxmark.exe in the client directory has changed date with the build, so it is the newest. Also "HW version" log shows the same build date, so PM is flashed to the newest build.

I wasted a week already for installing the bloody driver on this ficking win7, ....  very much wanting to return to XP

#8 2016-02-05 02:53:18

M&S
Contributor

I think you hit on something there Apt-get (sound like you using linux). When try to set the COM port to COM5 as your suggestion. I found quite a lot of ports are already allocated, although I have not got that any device other than PM connected to laptop

In the purpose of setting proxmark to COM to 5 or any free port. So I set device manager to "show hidden devices" find all the part not connected, and COM port reserve not currently connected , and delete them.

PS I still have 3 COM ports occupied COM3 and COM5 and COM6 for the proxmark, although I have only one USB device connected. Gone up and down, could not see what use COM3 and COM5. But after the deleting/uninstalling exercise now PM seems to be a lot more stable. (still in test mode, in the last hour I have plug/unplug PM no driver reset reinstall until now

Last edited by M&S (2016-02-05 02:58:45)

#9 2016-02-05 06:34:48

Apt-Get
Contributor

M&S wrote:

I think you hit on something there Apt-get (sound like you using linux). When try to set the COM port to COM5 as your suggestion. I found quite a lot of ports are already allocated, although I have not got that any device other than PM connected to laptop

In the purpose of setting proxmark to COM to 5 or any free port. So I set device manager to "show hidden devices" find all the part not connected, and COM port reserve not currently connected , and delete them.

PS I still have 3 COM ports occupied COM3 and COM5 and COM6 for the proxmark, although I have only one USB device connected. Gone up and down, could not see what use COM3 and COM5. But after the deleting/uninstalling exercise now PM seems to be a lot more stable. (still in test mode, in the last hour I have plug/unplug PM no driver reset reinstall until now

Interesting..
You can pick any open com you want obviously but i just picked 5 because its the common port.
All you gotta do is find a clean com port and you should be good to go.

Have it running on OSX, Kit-Kat, Win7x64, and Win 8.1 Tablet.

Next project is fixing the standalone for lf. it seems to be broken in the recent builds..
Then i want to compile this to a Huawei Ascend Y530 with Lolipop.

Good times. wink

Last edited by Apt-Get (2016-02-05 06:37:23)

#10 2016-02-06 01:17:08

M&S
Contributor

thank you for all people involved in the 64bit problem, Asper, app_o1, particuliar you Apt-get and Marshmellow for your help solving my problem with the instability of proxmark on win7 64bit

regarding your new project with standalone proxmark I can feel your excitement, but I have no idea what you are talking about, standalone, Huawei Ascend Y530 and Lolipop!!!

I found there are several standalones in the forum
- New stand-alone firmware/binaries available with HID cloning by samy
- Stand-alone indalademod
- Mifare Classic Stand-Alone for 3 modes
- Stand-alone for lf search

I have very foggy idea of standalone e.g. the proxmark& antenna without a connection to PC hence very small, portable, mobile, handy but standalone is very limited for certain chip type only, perhaps via hard coding in the SW loaded in to it. Hence there is a standalone reacting on indala, another standalone reacting on EM41xx, a further more acting on HID, Iclass etc  for rigid data collecting and perhaps simulation fro exactly one certain chip type. Is it correct?

I must read more, see more youtube video of application to understand what these standalones are and have a better idea what they for, so I am afraid I can not contribute anything to your new exciting project

Thank for your help again. proxmark3 works stable in win7 64bbit

Last edited by M&S (2016-02-06 01:19:56)

#11 2016-02-06 01:55:41

Apt-Get
Contributor

M&S wrote:

thank you for all people involved in the 64bit problem, Asper, app_o1, particuliar you Apt-get and Marshmellow for your help solving my problem with the instability of proxmark on win7 64bit

regarding your new project with standalone proxmark I can feel your excitement, but I have no idea what you are talking about, standalone, Huawei Ascend Y530 and Lolipop!!!

I found there are several standalones in the forum
- New stand-alone firmware/binaries available with HID cloning by samy
- Stand-alone indalademod
- Mifare Classic Stand-Alone for 3 modes
- Stand-alone for lf search

I have very foggy idea of standalone e.g. the proxmark& antenna without a connection to PC hence very small, portable, mobile, handy but standalone is very limited for certain chip type only, perhaps via hard coding in the SW loaded in to it. Hence there is a standalone reacting on indala, another standalone reacting on EM41xx, a further more acting on HID, Iclass etc  for rigid data collecting and perhaps simulation fro exactly one certain chip type. Is it correct?

I must read more, see more youtube video of application to understand what these standalones are and have a better idea what they for, so I am afraid I can not contribute anything to your new exciting project

Thank for your help again. proxmark3 works stable in win7 64bbit

Cool its good to see you got it going smile
As for Stand-alone... The current build of the firmware is defaulted to HF and when you compile it for lf is is not working properly.
it will read and demod HID tags but not clone them and the output is strange.

The Huawei is a cheap android phone. $85 - Lolipop is just android 5x wink

Last edited by Apt-Get (2016-02-06 01:56:10)

Board footer