Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-07-31 11:41:53

c0ntra
Contributor

Ultimate Portability with Proxmark3 Easy & Android

I just wanted to show off my new Proxmark3 Easy board which I've conveniently attached to the back of a dedicated Android phone for power, communication, and of course portability. I'm fairly certain this is the intention with this model, but if not, this is definitely the way to go. I can't compare the range of the antennas with the original Proxmark3 yet because I still haven't unboxed mine, but from my preliminary testing of the 'easy' model, it needs to be within a couple of centimeters of a card or tag in order for it to read it. Being so small, and on the back of a phone means you can palm the device very easily hiding it from view, or conveniently rest it on top of a card left out on a desk. I did have some initial problems with the device within the first few minutes I was using it in autonomous/computerless mode. It stopped responding to commands until I turned it off for a while but it's been ok since. I'm not sure what happened there.

If you have any questions about this model, or would like me to run any tests on it just let me know. This is all new to me so I have a lot of catching up to do. My aim is to try and use it to research and learn more about Mifare Desfire (if the device can do it, I'm still waiting for my sample cards).

5wjwGgh.jpg

l4Dr9Bz.jpg

#2 2016-07-31 12:55:58

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Ultimate Portability with Proxmark3 Easy & Android

Nice mod!

#3 2016-07-31 16:16:20

meter
Contributor

is the same model which i have reported here http://proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=23191#p23191
is a good PM3 but there is a problem: HF antenna is not changeable, in some situations is bad.

Sure is better this than to spend 400USD for rsync's version with a little LCD.

Last edited by meter (2016-07-31 16:20:48)

#4 2016-08-02 14:47:13

suixo
Contributor

Sweet! Can't wait to see a video of you entering a building with this nice toy wink

#5 2016-09-12 02:49:17

Newtothegame
Contributor

Contra,
I just purchased the same proxmark easy and I am attempting to link to my galaxy S5.  However when I run the script- it does not recognize the proxmark.  I'm new to this and any help or guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

#6 2017-03-01 14:00:15

jbono
Contributor

Newtothegame wrote:

Contra,
I just purchased the same proxmark easy and I am attempting to link to my galaxy S5.  However when I run the script- it does not recognize the proxmark.  I'm new to this and any help or guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

Maybe you didn't copy the scripts and the lualibs folder into your Galaxy.

Actually, the PM3 Easy is not working using an OTG Cable, but it's working (for me) with a Micro-USB to Micro-USB Cable.

UPDATE I bought this shield with a battery from eBay

Last edited by jbono (2017-04-10 23:23:25)

#7 2017-04-11 01:34:09

ntk
Contributor

very very nice toys ....

@c0ntra, and the Galaxy S5 is the android supports NFC Tags Compatibility to Mifare classic/1K, Mifare UL and NTAG. You have MCT on it. Wonder, what funs have you been involved until now with that great configuration could you mail me your experience. I love to learn and to hear

@jbono,
in your configuration you use Micro USB male to Micro USB Male data charger cable like in this model, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-male-to-Micro-USB-Male-data-charger-cable-for-MP4-Mobile-Phone-/281892636170?hash=item41a21c460a:g:rPkAAOSw3KFWeqcy, and you buy  this shield with a battery from eBay. So you have a standalone PM3. with that configuration and standalone SW (I believe there is a HF standalone version, and also a LF standalone and a HID standalone version) you are able to do  secrete sniff on mifare and other RFID card/reader communication) You have many success? any scenario where you get in to difficulties?

#8 2017-04-11 01:50:15

ntk
Contributor

i like both constructions the one Galaxy S5 which support NFC Mifare classic/1k, Mifare UL, NTAG; and also the PM3 with battery and shield, the standalone version

Board footer