Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-05-27 12:48:43

redbris
Contributor

Hello and Good Day to All...

Howdy and Good Day to everyone here,

As its stated in the login, I thought it would be prudent to put a little about myself up and a little about what I hope to achieve, My day job is with electronics and Security, I work for a firm and I process orders and do service work, related to access cards, alarms, security and such. I am looking for a new hobby and thought this might be a nice place to start to learn more about RFID, and perhaps even enhance some of my skills in the office (the ability to clone or make up a card every so often would be good, as ordering 1 off's for clients, for a small fortune, is silly, if I can help out, thats the plan)

My background is in *light* electronics, IT, alarms and security, nothing down the board level, more a Windows Nerd, but know my way around most cli..

I hope not to ask to many questions, and my reading and reasearch seems to indicate that a lot of people have used this product, and used the good nature and intentions of a lot of people on these forums for there own ends... Please know that any dumb questions on my part, are simply that, I've hit a brick wall with doing something, and I really dont know what to do other than reach out smile

I've ordered mine from a local company that was getting rid of it for a good price, and have an assortment of readers and credentials (everything from tecom 27, tecom smart, genesis, kerri, hid, iclass (open). em, lots of radio fobs (something else I would like to figure out! and tons of other stuff (we have a box in the store of mis-ordered credentials, end of box's and odds and ends, I've got my hands on them, plus also have access to lots of readers, alarm equipment, and other stuff to experiment with)

Well that is a little about me...

red...

#2 2017-05-28 16:22:25

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello and Good Day to All...

Welcome and I suggest you read http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125

There are no dumb questions,  there are however unanswered questions...

#3 2017-05-29 00:09:42

redbris
Contributor

Re: Hello and Good Day to All...

This is sadly, very very true wink Nothing worse than asking a question, and all you hear are crickets wink

Am slowly sifting through the information online.. Its not all in one central area (as in a lovely FAQ and lead you by the hand with lovely illustrations and minion to do all the work for you type of arrangement), and I get why, just waiting for it to arrive so I can start actual practical works, and seeing where that takes me!

Last edited by redbris (2017-05-29 00:10:05)

Board footer