Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-02-25 20:30:48

wbahn
Contributor

Is a Summer 2009 version of ProxImage.bin available

Would it be possible to get a binary PM3 file for the Summer 2009 release (one that contains the entire ARM image, including bootloader, fpga firmware, and os firmware? I think having this available in the Files section would be very useful.

I can't download s19 files using the SAM-ICE emulator and SAM-PROG programmer (or at least I can't find a way to do it). I was able to download the bin file that was in the 2007 ebuller zip file into the ARM, but that means I am running 2007 firmware with 2009 host software and perhaps that is where my problems are coming from. At the very least, I would like to eliminate it as a source.

For some reason, I can't use the bootloader to update the firmware over the USB. Pushing the button on the PM3 during power on does nothing. In fact, I haven't seen anything that pushing the button does. I have verified that the button is working and taking the voltage at the correct ARM pin LO when pressed (and letting it be pulled HI when released).

Thanks!

#2 2010-02-25 20:52:43

d18c7db
Contributor

Re: Is a Summer 2009 version of ProxImage.bin available

#3 2010-02-25 21:08:23

Omikron
Contributor

Hey wbahn, have you tried J-Flash at all?  I've got a SAM-ICE myself and J-Flash seems to be more flexible and reliable, but I have yet to to successfully get a working board.  That could be because of how J-Flash is handling the S19 files or because the board itself is bad.  Maybe you'll have better luck.  Check Segger's website for download info and email them for a trial key.  I believe if you search online you can also find a trial key generator if you don't want to wait for them to email you back.

#4 2010-02-25 22:52:05

wbahn
Contributor

d18c7db: I don't see it. Could you be more specific and indicate which file it is in? I've looked in most of them and can't find what appears to be a binary image. I find several files that have s19 files for the three separate portions, but I don't see proximage.bin or anything that looks like it might be the equivalent. Could you please tell me the specific name of the both the binary file and of the zip file that it is in? Thanks.

Omikron: I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

I know there is a utility to go from the ARM binary format to s19. Is there a utility to go the other way around? It would seem like it should be doable since the s19 files must contain all of the minimum information needed to flash the device.

#5 2010-02-26 01:18:27

d18c7db
Contributor

Oh I see, I just googled for you, probably http://www.techedge.com.au/utils/bincvt.htm is what you want...

#6 2010-02-26 05:20:52

wbahn
Contributor

That's along the lines of what I want. It appears that it only supports S1 and S9 records, though. I was looking at the s19 files and they aren't really s19 files, they are more generic srec files and use S28 and S37 records as well. Some of them also lack block close records altogether.

I wasn't able to find out any information on the binary format used by the Atmel ARM programmers. In particular, whether there is any header information of any kind. But, assuming that there isn't, I'm going to write a simple little C program to generate bin files from srec files and give it the ability to overly files on top of each other. That may be a utility that others might find useful, so where/how could I upload it to someplace that others can access it?

#7 2010-02-26 10:03:29

adam@algroup.co.uk
Contributor
Website

wbahn thanks for the offer! If you just put it anywhere we can download it, we can add it to the tools section...

#8 2010-02-26 20:49:17

wbahn
Contributor

Will do.

What kind of license/copyright notice should I put in the code? I don't care if others incorporate it into their products, even for commercial purposes (little chance with something this simple), but would like my work to be acknowledged within the code.

#9 2010-02-26 21:06:13

iZsh
Contributor

Well, just use the GPL, it would go well with the rest of the project.

#10 2010-02-27 07:18:07

wbahn
Contributor

Omikron: I have the program finished (the one to combine multiple s19 files into a single binary image) and can make that available to you. I used it to create a ROM image for the Summer 2009 release and downloaded it into my boards and they appear to work. So you might try downloading it into yours to eliminate a variable.

#11 2010-02-27 10:31:46

Omikron
Contributor

wbahn wrote:

Omikron: I have the program finished (the one to combine multiple s19 files into a single binary image) and can make that available to you. I used it to create a ROM image for the Summer 2009 release and downloaded it into my boards and they appear to work. So you might try downloading it into yours to eliminate a variable.

I'm definitely interested in the application, and also in which method you used to flash with your SAM-ICE tool.  Did you end up using J-Flash or something different?

Board footer