Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-07-11 15:16:45

lightbord
Contributor

Hello!

I have recently started getting into LF RFID research, been doing HF research for a little while, and am starting to look at buying a Proxmark soon.

My previous experience with other tools includes libNFC and nfcpy.

The first thing I wish to find out is what exactly the differences between the two Proxmarks (Elechouse and the other more "original" one) sold on Rysc (and by extension, the ones sold on Amazon by them).

Here's the links:
Original: https://store.ryscc.com/collections/proxmark-3/products/new-proxmark3-kit
Elechouse: https://store.ryscc.com/collections/proxmark-3/products/elechouse-proxmark3

From the information I have been able to gather so far, I have discovered (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the Elechouse PM3 is not open source hardware, but does support all the same firmwares as the original. The form factor is also different, as is the connection between the antenna and the main board. As well, it looks like the Elechouse one is shipped with V2.0 whereas the original is shipped with V2.3 (however I have not been able to figure out if the Elechouse can be upgraded).

What I want to find out is, for example, does one have capabilities that the other does not? Is one prone to more problems and incompatibilities in the firmware? Will one be better supported in future firmwares (as in, "this will only work on the original PM3, not the Elechouse one, or vice versa)? And overall, is one a smarter investment than the other?

Thank you, and I look forward to participating in this community and advancing my knowledge!

#2 2017-07-11 16:04:26

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello!

#3 2017-07-11 16:05:50

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello!

You can post your questions in the relevant categories. Most of them have already been answered, looking at hardware section/trade parts.

Board footer