Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-08-26 09:50:13

/by0
Contributor

Greetings

Greetings,

I found out about the Proxmark 3 and the developers community while researching the security of iClass after a co-worker that assisted with our office install was bragging about how secure they are.  I know nothing is absolutely secure but was surprised at how easy iClass cards are to clone and how the compromised versions are still being sold.

Over the last two weeks I've read just about everything I could find including Heart of Darkness, Exposing iClass, iClass Key Extraction and everything in the iClass section of the forum- multiple times.  I've also read the new user welcome, aka http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125 and FAQ's.

Although I'm still saving and deciding on which version of the Proxmark3 I want to purchase, I have picked up an Omnikey 5321 ($10) and an R30 HID Ver 1 reader ($12) to tinker with.

I have a background in networking and information technology with some programming experience and am excited to get started with RFID.

/by0

#2 2017-08-26 11:30:26

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Greetings

Welcome, 
it pleases me to hear you did some ground research.  Did you go to the "Files" and read both iclass and proxclone folders?

#3 2017-08-30 07:38:22

/by0
Contributor

I did download and read everything in the iClass folder under documents but the files in the proxclone.com folder got past me.  I've now downloaded them and it looks like I have a few more days worth of reading.

Thank you,

/by0

#4 2017-08-30 08:02:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

Which pm3 kit to buy depends mostly of how much money you to to play with.  I'd buy the RDV2.0 kit anyday in the week but if you can't afford it, then pm3 easy (rdv3.0) kit works as well.  There is enough threads on the differences already on the forum.

Not many know of the proxclone archives we got smile  The work of @Carl55 is fantastic.

Board footer