Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-10-13 04:09:19

Blackhawks
Contributor

Please help newbie with Windows install - I cant even get past step 7!

Hello everyone,

I have a HP G61 laptop with AMD chip running Windows 7 - a real piece of crap! I am trying to setup my Proxmark3 I bought off of Ebay. I am following the Proxmark Wiki for Windows, and in the first section called Development environment installation, I cant even get past step 7.

Step 7 states: Assuming you installed GitHub for Windows using all of the default options, you should open it and drag&drop https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3 link into "drag a repository here to add" button.

I open Github, copy the hyperlink and drag it to the "Alternatively, you can drag and drop a local repository here to add it" section at the bottom and a new window opens up. It states "Add local repository" and tells me to choose a local path.

Step 8 states:Click on the right arrow next to "Proxmark/proxmark3" name and let it sync with the repository; source code will be downloaded here: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\GitHub\proxmark3".

This is where I am lost. I don't see any right arrow next to the "Proxmark/proxmark3" name. I dont even see the "Proxmark/proxmark3" name. All I see is the "Add local repository" box after doing Step 7. I tried choosing an empty folder on my C drive and after have thousands of file in my repsoitory it seems to do nothing.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Please help - any  info would be much appreciated!

B.

#2 2017-10-13 16:23:39

piwi
Contributor

Re: Please help newbie with Windows install - I cant even get past step 7!

Github for Windows changed a lot. Use the "clone" button, URL, and enter proxmark/proxmark3.

#3 2017-10-14 04:53:02

Blackhawks
Contributor

piwi - Thanks a lot for your help - very much appreciated!!!

I completed all 12 steps in the "Development environment installation" section. I moved to the next section called "Proxmark Driver Installation".

I found the driver file in the "ProxSpace\pm3\driver" folder named "proxmark3.inf". When I plugged in the proxmark Windows 7 tried looking for a driver with no sucess - this was to be expected. I opened the Device Manager and found the proxmark in the "Other devices > unknown device" section. I right click on the "unknown device" and chose Update Driver Software. I browse for the file located in the "ProxSpace\pm3\driver" folder, but when I click Next, a new window pops up stating:

Update Driver Software - Unknown Device
Windows could not find driver software for your device. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.

Does anyone have an idea what I should do next? I bought my proxmark from Ebay a couple  of weeks ago.

B.

#4 2017-10-14 08:04:27

Blackhawks
Contributor

RESOLVED - Help no longer needed on this.

Thanks,
B

#5 2017-10-14 09:29:40

piwi
Contributor

If you don't mind: please tell the community where you struggled and how you could solve it. Or even better: update the Wiki.

See at the top of this page: "Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community."

#6 2017-10-14 10:18:16

iceman
Administrator
Website

also edit your first post and add the prefix "[solved]"  to your title

#7 2018-03-28 11:22:25

Boof_rob
Contributor

Blackhawks wrote:

RESOLVED - Help no longer needed on this.

Thanks,
B

Have a similar problem.
Can you let us know how you resolved the problem.

Cheers
Robert

#8 2018-03-29 04:28:13

marshmellow
Contributor

Don't search for driver, choose to select the driver file manually and navigate to the drivers folder and select the .inf file.

#9 2018-03-29 07:56:32

Boof_rob
Contributor

marshmellow wrote:

Don't search for driver, choose to select the driver file manually and navigate to the drivers folder and select the .inf file.

Done that, targeted to proxmark3.inf, in projects/proxmark3/pm3.

I have also put computer in test mode, have disabled driver signing via gpedit.msc, but everthing I do the unit will sit in unkown device, and will not except the driver.

Cheers
Robert

#10 2018-03-29 12:44:24

marshmellow
Contributor

How old is the pm3?  What board is it?

#11 2018-03-29 21:26:19

Boof_rob
Contributor

marshmellow wrote:

How old is the pm3?  What board is it?

ordered it of ebay 02 March, it says Proxmark3 Easy from ELECHOUSE

Robert

Last edited by Boof_rob (2018-03-30 21:18:40)

Board footer