Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-05-28 21:17:22

dlsir
Contributor

Bricked??

New guy here!!
The proxmark3 is not detected on usb port. does that mean it is bricked?? I'm using Kali.
Thanks.

#2 2019-05-28 22:28:59

zantzue
Contributor

Re: Bricked??

Not necessarily. I'm on Windows 10 but I think I know what the problem is. When did that happen? After you flashed the bootrom? If so, don't panic as that's normal. You have now to flash the firmware but the PC doesn't recognize the pm3. Unplug the proxmark3, hold the button, plug it back (hold the button), see what port is the pm3 given, flash the firmware and you can now release the button. From the Windows installation guide (after flashing the bootrom and then trying to flash the firmware): "...if not try unplugging your Proxmark3 hold the button on the pm3 down and reconnect the Proxmark3. The Proxmark3 LED's RED & YELLOW lights up [sidenote: on RDV4 the LED's A and C lights up] (let it get detected) then re-run the flasher command all while holding the button down until it is done".

Edit: I read a little bit here https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/wiki/Kali-Linux#possible_error. I'm assuming you successfully flashed the bootrom so after that the Kali guide says:

"Upgrading Proxmark3 Firmware

Make sure you are in the "proxmark3" directory and issue the following commands:

cd client
  ./flasher /dev/ttyACM0 ../armsrc/obj/fullimage.elf
  cd ..

The flasher program will detect your Proxmark3 and reboot it. Once it reboots and starts back up in the proper mode the flasher will detect the Proxmark3 again and then start flashing the firmware. You may have to run "dmesg" and check what serial port your Proxmark3 is connected to and replace "ttyACM0" if you encounter issues. Also try unplugging and plugging the USB cable back in and running the command again. WARNING! Do not unplug the USB cable or cancel the command while it is actually upgrading the firmware. It may take a little while for the flasher to actually detect the Proxmark3 after rebooting, typically less than a minute."

Last edited by zantzue (2019-05-28 22:44:33)

#3 2019-05-29 06:39:27

iceman
Administrator
Website

On Kali, look into killing modem manager.

#4 2019-05-29 09:36:49

dlsir
Contributor

Yes, modem-manager is removed. yet, it does not show up when running dmesg command.

#5 2019-05-29 10:04:00

iceman
Administrator
Website

If you messed up during bootrom flashing,  then you need to jtag it.

Board footer