Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-01-13 02:11:17

Knas
Contributor

ProxBrute and Which Proxmark to buy

Looking into purchasing a proxmark for the use of personal discovery and education. First, I was wondering if anyone has experience using ProxBrute. I have read the paper and it seems like it is their is only one version available, it seems like I can flash proxbrute onto any proxmark but am I missing something? Is it really that easy? Another question was why is the hackerwarehouse version so much more expensive than say the Elechouse dev kit on Rsyc Corp. For someone who has minimal hardware knowledge and minimal software knowledge is the Elechouse a good option? It also says it is RDV2 while the hackerwarehoues version is RDV4, will this really matter? And does anyone have a Proxmark Pro from Rsyc? Maybe for someone who has minimal hardware and software knowledge the prebuilt ready to go Proxmark Pro is best, although is it going to be a pain to get ProxBrute on it? Appreciate all help and am happy to be joining this community. I tried to do as much reading as possible before asking these questions. Cheers.

#2 2020-01-15 16:49:31

CFusion
Contributor

Re: ProxBrute and Which Proxmark to buy

They are two different versions. The one on HW is the newer version. It has additional hardware capabilities but both are good devices. If you have the money to blow then go for the latest and greatest but if you just want to get your feet wet the RDV2 will still be an awesome tool to learn on.

#3 2020-01-16 03:12:34

Knas
Contributor

CFusion wrote:

They are two different versions. The one on HW is the newer version. It has additional hardware capabilities but both are good devices. If you have the money to blow then go for the latest and greatest but if you just want to get your feet wet the RDV2 will still be an awesome tool to learn on.

Thanks a lot for replying. I think I will go for the Elechouse dev kit to start learning. I shouldn't have any issues putting ProxBrute on it right? Appreciate your help greatly.

#4 2020-01-24 02:43:55

Knas
Contributor

Anyone here think  I would have any issues putting ProxBrute on the Elechouse RDV2 Dev kit. Thanks

#5 2020-01-24 18:07:59

iceman
Administrator
Website

the rdv2 is a nice kit,  you will not have any troubles with that one.

#6 2020-01-26 03:28:50

Knas
Contributor

iceman wrote:

the rdv2 is a nice kit,  you will not have any troubles with that one.

Appreciate the response thank you very much.

Board footer