Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-02-12 15:34:21

Hedgymang
Contributor

iclass fob question

I have a question regarding replacing a degrading old fob that I have.

I have a legacy iclass fob (the black round fob with the blue HID logo).

I have dealt with low frequency fobs relating to my job and have found many are able to be programmed using a T5577 card.  Is this the same idea behind the legacy iclass fobs?  Can any iclass fob/card work?  I've successfully read the fob and believe I can duplicate it.  (I'm hoping to put the credentials on a card instead of the little fob as they often get chewed pretty badly on my key chain)

Any help is appreciated.  I'm still new to high frequency rfid technology, but definitely looking to learn as much as possible. 

I have some of the NXP mifare classic gen1a magic cards, but I'm going to assume that the technology simply is different and they are not compatible with iclass.  (like I said I'm use to the t5577 cards being kind of universal).

#2 2020-03-08 19:58:38

TelxonHacker
Contributor

Re: iclass fob question

Iclass works at 13.56 MHz, whereas the T5577 works at 125KHz, therefore, T5577 won't work. As for the Mifare magic cards, they are designed for Mifare readers, not Iclass.
There are posts on here detailing how to clone an iclass credential, but you will need the leaked master keys that are floating around. Read up on Iclass, and you will learn it's not really hard.

Last edited by TelxonHacker (2020-03-11 20:01:04)

#3 2020-03-27 19:17:47

bettse
Contributor

In the building I live in, the readers are iClass multiclass (they say "multiCLASS" below "HID" on the lower front).  I was able to dump and decrypt my iClass fob contents (so I have the card number and facility code) and program them to a T5577, which has been working for me for months.  If your site has multiclass readers, its something to consider.

#4 2020-03-27 19:32:55

iceman
Administrator
Website

For those who don't know, multiclass (LF prox and HF) is HID's dual tech readers.

Board footer