Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-04-19 02:03:07

touf
Contributor

Mifare reader

i'm actually using an OpenPCD reader, wich is working great but the software counterpart is pretty close to non existant.
it's using the librfid library, but there is no real software aviable. none that i know of anyway.

are you aware of a more complete software than the mifare-tool that belong with the library ?

are some of you using an other reader ?
do you have a good software that helps you deal with your mifare tags ?

#2 2009-04-19 09:35:40

edo512
Contributor

Re: Mifare reader

touf, you can use my online tools with an Omnikey reader or SCM reader , they will enable you to read mifare sectors very easily -if you have the key, or course smile . OpenPCD does not have CCID drivers as far as I know, but my tool should be compatible with any smart card reader installed on your machine as long as you can talk to it through PC/SC. Just place you card on the reader, click on the reader icon when it turns green, and select the "Mifare Explorer" tab that will appear, the rest should be self-explanatory...

website, select "ATR Parser".

Ed

#3 2009-04-19 11:53:46

rule

Re: Mifare reader

The OpenPCD hardware works great!

Software development for the OpenPCD seems to be much harder. It uses an old modulation chip (RC632 introduced in 2002). This chip does not support easy to use commands for reading and writing MIFARE Classic tags. The new range chips (PN53x) contains a firmware which supports all kind of easy to use instructions. The libnfc library invokes these instructions in a simple interface to developers. You can write a command-line tool within minutes that simulates a complete public-transport gate that performs authentication, reading and writing to several blocks and sectors.

At the moment there is still no GUI tool available. In the coming weeks a C# wrapper and GUI demo tool will come available which makes use of libnfc. This tool not ground-breaking development, you can write it yourself in a couple of hours. It just makes use of the functionality which is supplied by libnfc in combination with the PN53X chip.

Board footer