Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-03-20 04:23:06

exidez

hf 14a mifare gives unknown command

I thought I could figure this out myself but i need some help.

I recieved my proxmark 3 today have have been reading though the documentation to set it all up.
I can tune and talk to the proxmark but the mifare command doesnt work. I assume i need to update firmware but I have a silly problem with that too.

Firsty what i can do at the moment to prove its talking to the device:

>hf tune
#db# Measuring antenna characteristics, please wait.

# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   125.00 kHz
# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   134.00 kHz
# LF optimal:  0.00 V @ 12000.00 kHz
# HF antenna: 11.50 V @    13.56 MHz
# Your LF antenna is unusable.

>hf 14a mifare
#db# unknown command:: 0x0389

>hw version
#db# Prox/RFID mark3 RFID instrument
#db# bootrom: svn 500-suspect 2011-11-10 14:34:13
#db# os: svn 500-suspect 2011-11-10 14:34:41
#db# FPGA image built on 2009/12/ 8 at  8: 3:54

I then read compiling Proxmark source and firmware upgrading but ran into a problem with the sudo command. I am running Windows 7 by the way. I ran the runme.bat file ans typed the command while the red and yellow LED are on within proxmark board:
sudo ./flasher -b ../bootrom/obj/bootrom.elf
sh: sudo: command not found

Also tried:
./flasher -b ../bootrom/obj/bootrom.elf
sh: ./flasher: No such file or directory

I assuming the the mifare command not working because of the firmwre. So why is the sudo command not working? or even if i dont need root where is this flasher file?

Thanks guys

#2 2012-03-20 04:34:01

exidez

Re: hf 14a mifare gives unknown command

ok so i forgot to do a SVN update

but now when i do the ./flaher command without sudo windows gives me a flashed.exe has stopped working error
I can either debug or close program. This occurs after is says Waiting for proxmark to appear on USB... Found.

is this because i am not root ? do i need sudo ?

//Edit

I tired all the setup on an XP computer (first attempts was on windwos 7) and all seems well for XP. I updated the firmware with XP and all is fine. Im running a mifare attack on one of my cards now but it is taking more than 30 minutes. I will leave it attacking overnight.

I will attempt the whole setup procedure on the windows 7 again. I think the code was an old version because on the XP computer there was a hf mf mifare command.. On the win7 computer the command was hf 14a mifare which gave an error. But i will do that another day when i have more time unless someone knows the exact issue ?

Last edited by exidez (2012-03-20 13:57:25)

#3 2012-03-21 14:33:24

YoungJules
Contributor

Windoze users should not have to worry too much about sudo.  It's a Linux thing.

If you see sudo {some command} it may suggest that {some command} is a command that needs special privileges so the 'Windoze-equivalent' would be running the command as Administrator.

#4 2012-03-22 02:33:17

exidez

I reinstalled ProxSpace and its all working good now on the Windows 7 machine.
I think what happened is i did make clean && make all without updating first with SVN, so i was using an old version.

Thanks

Board footer