Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-12-21 09:39:29

drakorg

Convertion from libnfc's MFD key files, to proxmark's BIN key files.

Hi there. I've just made a little tool that allows you to convert your .dmp files generated by libnfc's nfc-mifare into the .bin keyfiles required by proxmark.
It's really simple but saves you from a lot of hassle setting up key files for proxmark, at least it did for me.

Libnfc key files are just regular full dumps. That is, the keys are located in the file at the same position as they would be on the card. A file containing the keys for a MF1K card, would be exactly 1K (1024 bytes) long. This has useless data in it, but it's practical to use. You can use any card dump as a key file.

Proxmark3 on the other hand, requires that the file containing the keys (dumpkeys.bin) to have all A keys first, all B keys later. With no useless gaps.
So, it is in fact better and smaller (192 bytes for a MF1K card), but if you got you keys from libnfc like me, well, then you wouldn't be able to use them from proxmark.
This little tool just covers that gap. It gets a MFD (libnfc) key file as input, and produces a BIN (proxmark) key file.

The normal scenario would be:
mfcuk to get the first key.
mfoc to get remaining keys (this will leave you a file with all the keys in MFD format)
mfd2bin keys.mfd keys.bin

and then you can use your key file for your proxmark's research, for instance, to be used with the "hf mf dump" command.

Well, just my two cents.
drakorg

mfd2bin.c, mfd2bin.h, Makefile.

#2 2012-12-21 10:13:43

RadioWar
Contributor

Re: Convertion from libnfc's MFD key files, to proxmark's BIN key files.

where we can find it~?

#3 2012-12-21 11:30:40

drakorg

http://depositfiles.com/files/6lpyuyuc6

#4 2016-05-04 16:04:22

drakorg

previous link is dead, here is an update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tKjUT1H7vXMjJIQjdkSzF1d1k

Board footer