Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-06-20 23:21:10

rleroy
Contributor

Sending APDU through the proxmark

Hi everybody,

This is my first message on the board and I am pretty interested in this product, and I am still waiting to see if the product is well suited for me. I am doing research on some RFID protocols and the proxmark is the best/cheapest/easiest solution that I have found yet!

I would like to know if it's possible with the proxmark3 to send / receive APDU (ISO7816) back and forth to a reader. I have gone through most of the documentation and forum posts but was not able to learn more about it ... I know that it's possible to replay something that was recorded, but is it possible to enhance this functionnality, and make it smarter ? (being able to speak a higher layer protocol)

Many thanks for your answers smile

Last edited by rleroy (2009-06-20 23:21:52)

#2 2009-06-21 18:03:52

rule

Re: Sending APDU through the proxmark

That would be no problem. Because Type A and B modulation of the ISO/IEC 14443 is supported, the upper levels (APDU's) are just messages (bytes) to send over the channel. Surely a quick (ISO7816) wrapper would be useful (which build-up and verifies the APDU frames), but in principle there is no limitation at all.

#3 2009-06-21 21:19:38

rleroy
Contributor

Re: Sending APDU through the proxmark

That's what I initially tought! I can't wait to get my hands on the device and start digging the source code to learn more about it.

Thanks for your fast answer!

rleroy

Board footer