Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2008-10-15 17:00:03

theqlabs

... no device connected, polling for it now

Howdy,

One of my devices is being a giant cheese ball...

I flashed it correctly and used ARMPGM to verify everything, that process was smooth, then I downloaded the MIFARE source and tried running FlashOS.bat and all it does is pull up a cmd.exe window with:

"... no device connected, polling for it now."

I can't get it working at all but the flashing went smoothly so I'm confused.

Any idea what I could check?

Thanks,

#2 2008-10-17 16:51:01

theqlabs

Re: ... no device connected, polling for it now

I tried running ARMPGM and executing "RESET&RUN" and it errors "Unable to initialize USB Library". When I plug it in, it pops up with the "A USB device has malfunctioned" ... and if you go to troubleshoot it says there are no drivers installed for this device. I hate software >< (double E FTW) anyway, it seems obvious that it's a problem with the USB communication, I'm just not sure what is needed for the device for windows to recognize it, or well the batch scripts to recognize it as well.

#3 2008-10-17 20:13:36

theqlabs

Cool, I think I remember seeing something along this in the text documents written by JW. I'll take another look, I'm assuming when we erased the chip with ARMPGM, it would've removed that though?

#4 2008-10-18 22:37:51

rule

Hey,

I hope you guys can get catch this bug, although it could be that you are both facing the same side-affects origin from different hardware bugs. If you keep having problems I can contact some hardware engineers who made my proxmarks and ask them what they think of the problems you discuss here.

Cheers,

Roel

#5 2008-10-19 08:55:38

rule

Hey,

I hope you can catch the bug soon! It would be awesome if you could share that "hello" world source. This could help others to test if their cpu/leds are working. Are you willing to upload this in the file section?

Thanks in advance,

Roel

#6 2008-10-19 13:44:48

newseal

hi,
I just received my proxmark III, I bought a programmer "wiggler" on the parallel port, but after going through the tutorial "flash" I have several question (because it does not work) he not run for USB OS19 save:
- Is that it makes a difference between ATMEL 256 or 512 for the flash with (2008.09.17-armpgm-ebuller-proxmark3-image.S19)?
- Windows is that we recognize a driver for Atmel?
- Is that someone has got it to work after flashed the boot to the USB flash?
Hardware: Windows XP, proxmarkIII new card, wiggle (parallel), armpgm,
thank you for your responses.

#7 2008-10-20 12:02:56

newseal

hi,
I think that putting up a topic to learn Flash based memory blocks would be good for beginners (like me) because sometimes things go too fast.

AT91SAM7S used today are so different in 512 block of memory, but we have already learned how organized the "boot" flash after we understand the connection or problems with USB.

From my side I find myself with a map Proxmarck nine (made by a company) without any means of control to know where is the problem.

-is that many people are in my case?
I want to learn to do my flash? I start where?
-what system Windows or Linux / cd boot / other ...
- What header? in which files?

document AT91SAM7document AT91 bootstrap

GPNVM Bit ?
thanks.

Last edited by newseal (2008-10-20 14:00:54)

#8 2008-10-22 02:28:31

bklynace

Hi, I am getting a "unable to stop target" when I click check.  Any ideas?

#9 2008-10-22 11:07:16

rule

hey all,

It is more useful to post different problems in a different thread.
If you can do this, I will try to look into every problem that comes up.

Thanks in advance,

Roel

#10 2008-10-24 17:24:16

theqlabs

bk:

I was trying to cause this error, and I did so by unplugging the wiggler, (leaving the wiggler @ LPT1 port setting in ARMPRG) and then hitting reset&run. Having the wrong interface setting with the wrong cable would probably cause this.

Also, if I just leave the USB plugged-in and use the USB adapter setting in ARMPGM, I get a USB library error.

Anyone else get that?

#11 2008-10-27 23:09:15

d18c7db
Contributor

Hi SummoningDark,

Can you share some of your calculations re coils, for example here are my back of the napkin calcs (which may be entirely wrong):

For a 13.56Mhz resonant L I estimate it needs to be about 2.755uH (L = 1/C*(2*pi*f)^2) given the 50pF cap.

The dimensions of the coil can vary wildly depending on number of turns, gauge of wire, shape, etc but for example assuming a circular coil of diameter 46mm , with 5 turns of AWG30 wire that works out to 2.785uH
These are based on coil calculations as per Microchip Application Note AN678 page 33.

I haven't tested this in practice as I'm still waiting on PCB's to build my proxmark so this is all theory.

What coils have other people built that work in practice?

Board footer