Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2011-03-25 05:46:12

jmayo

Proxmark3 as a standalone Indala reader

I've recently obtained a Proxmark3 and after some experimentation with the indala cards I have here, have written a "realtime" demodulator into the firmware similar to the one for HID cards. I'd like to commit this back to the mainline source at some point soon. smile

The next stage of my project is to figure out how to attach the proxmark to another project running on an arduino. Ideally this would be TTL-level rs232 serial, but I'm willing to entertain any suggestions people here might have.

I see the LCD stuff is using an additional chip select on the SPI bus, but the SPI bus on the arduino is already tied up. I'd port all the arduino code into the proxmark, but it doesn't have the IO capacity I need, and I don't have the resources to do a custom board. I am reasonably competent with a soldering iron if necessary, though.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

#2 2012-03-13 11:19:15

Omikron
Contributor

Re: Proxmark3 as a standalone Indala reader

I see this post was almost a year ago, but I'm curious if you ever got around to submitting your potential changes.  I'm very interested in seeing the implementation in action!

#3 2012-04-10 02:06:01

jmayo

Re: Proxmark3 as a standalone Indala reader

The project is currently shelved and I don't have much time to spend on it. I never did find any information on contributing back the changes.

I solved my communication problem with the arduino by adding a USB host controller to the arduino, but this added more problems.

It's also worth a note that the codes I was pulling out of the Indala cards were the *raw* codes, and I never did figure out any relationship to what was printed on the card; it was enough to be able to swipe a card to enter it into the system I was developing.

Board footer