Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2015-04-29 08:21:17

atwolf
Contributor

unknown command received from reader

Hi All

I am new to the proxmark (work just bought me one for testing our doors)
When trying to simulate a card against our readers I get an unknown command received from reader message
I would appreciate any assistance with debugging or other reference materials on finding what is going on
(i do not know if the values are sensitive or not so i have hidden them)

#db# Unknown command received from reader (len=4): c XX XX XX 44 44 44 44 44
#db# Unknown command received from reader (len=4): c YY YY YY 44 44 44 44 44
(Repeated)

As above there are 2 errors repeated in sets of 3. the only thing that changes are that XX and YY values each line (the values stay the same each error message)

Weird thing is from looking at the iclass.c file I do not see why this would be an unknown command.
If I'm reading the code correctly the 1st byte value "0x0C" is the ICLASS_CMD_READ_OR_IDENTIFY value
I think it should be here in the code that it should continue on instead of printing the error.
} else if(simulationMode == MODE_FULLSIM && receivedCmd[0] == ICLASS_CMD_READ_OR_IDENTIFY && len == 4){

Except I don't know if its in FULLSIM mode but I am guessing I might not be given that the other 2 parts of the if statement are true

If I was to add some debug code to work out if i was in full sim mode or not and recompile do i just need to flash the new OSimage or are the changes only made to the proxmark client?

#2 2015-04-29 16:42:11

holiman
Contributor

Re: unknown command received from reader

See http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=15192#p15192 and the answer.

Edit: oh, and you're not in fullsim. Fullsim is when you simulate a dumped tag

#3 2015-04-30 01:05:11

atwolf
Contributor

Thankyou.
I did find that after the post.
also thanks for confirming its not full sim mode.

#4 2015-04-30 02:12:40

atwolf
Contributor

I have done alot more reading since yesterday and I now understand i need the HID master key to continue. (Management want to see a live demo of cloning a card before they consider updating the system, while the whitepapers exist that isn't enough evidence for the higher ups.)

holiman I saw your stuff on the elite system (very nice BTW) can it be used to get the standard master key the whitepaper if i understood it correctly seemed to hint you could get the master key with that method but does your code work for that?

I read all the stuff on getting the key from the RW300/400 are there any other methods(maybe for newer readers) or methods that just require access to the reader such as the method for the elite?

Board footer