Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-05-30 06:22:38

feernot
Contributor

[Solved] Probably Bricked. I just need some confirmation.

I received the Proxmark3 RDV4 from Hacker Warehouse yesterday and I believe I already bricked it. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and followed these instructions, but I got turned around at the HID/CDC difference part. I believe the results of

dmesg | grep -i usb

showed me I had a CDC device, but I incorrectly followed the "Flashing HID" section and used the older version of the flasher to update the proxmark. Ultimately, when running the client the bootloader and OS was showing "unable to determine version" or some variation of that. I should've stopped and asked some questions here, but I was trying to follow other suggestions on the forum first. 

Tonight I attempted again to do

client/flasher /dev/ttyACM0 -b bootrom/obj/bootrom.elf armsrc/obj/fullimage.elf

and it got stuck so now my OS is not recognizing the proxmark and when it is connected the the C and A red lights both remain on. I didn't capture the exact terminal output when it was stuck, so unfortunately I don't have that to share and I've already rebooted since then while troubleshooting.

So I'm just needing some confirmation. This is now bricked, right?

Last edited by feernot (2019-06-09 23:25:36)

#2 2019-05-30 07:20:39

mwalker

Re: [Solved] Probably Bricked. I just need some confirmation.

Have a read of : http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6512
In that thread they say if A and C are on, then you might need to hold the button down, let the OS find the usb, then flash the full, all the time holding the button. Only when the flash is complete, release the button.

Note: I prefer to only flash one thing at a time.  e.g. flash the boot, then once done, flash the full.

#3 2019-05-31 03:03:20

Tom5ive
Contributor

Potential fix is to hold the button down while plugging in - and keep it held throughout the entire flashing process. This worked for me when the rdv4.0 was having issues.

#4 2019-06-09 21:57:01

feernot
Contributor

Thank you @mwalker and @Tom5ive. I was able to successfully flash my Proxmark3 by holding down the button and completing the flash in two separate steps. The instructions on https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/wiki/Ubuntu-Linux under "Flashing CDC" said to use this command:  client/flasher /dev/ttyACM0 -b bootrom/obj/bootrom.elf armsrc/obj/fullimage.elf. Dividing it into two fixed the issue for me. I'm working and this issue is resolved.

Last edited by feernot (2019-06-09 21:57:28)

Board footer