Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-02-10 22:07:47

marauder

Wierd USB errors

Hello guys,

I just got a sexy black proxmark from theqlabs and I seem to have some strane USB issues with it.
Andrew said he flashed the bootloader. Immediately after I plug the USB in I get a strange USB linux error
of "device descriptor read/64, error -71". Does anyone know if such an error springs up if the bootloader
code is not flashed / flashed incorrectly?

At the moment I have no jtag cable so I cant test erasing the bootloader and connecting the USB to see if
I get the same kind of USB error. If the same USB error occurs both when there is and isn't a flashed bootloader
I figure it's some kind of hardware error. In that case I'll return the unit to Andrew, and request a replacement.

Cheers,
Marauder

#2 2009-02-16 22:06:22

theqlabs

Re: Wierd USB errors

Oddly enough this has happened with a couple boards I've seen so far. I am offering those who bought one a brand new board that I know works. Since then I've changed placement houses and the new place (here in Maryland) will flash the bootloader to the ARM for me and test the USB connection before I accept the boards back. The last place was a little shady, unfortunately I had to pay a ton for the tooling and they screwed up 2-3 of my boards. I'm going to trouble shoot the boards when they come back and figure out what happened, I have a few guesses as to the hardware component that has been troublesome. I will also take a look at where the bootloader is flashed in memory but I don't think that's the issue. the J-Link Segger tools are really good for memory/bootloader debugging (but stupid expensive.)

As always, shoot me an e-mail and I will take care of any problems.

Cheers,

-Q

Board footer