Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-02-28 18:25:24

Goatrodeo

Looking for help duplicating a card

Hello. I'm a physics graduate student and normally can figure things out on my own, but I can say that trying to dive head first into a proxmark3 with no RFID experience doesn't work out too well =P

I have an interesting application for my proxmark3, but can not post details publicly.  I'm pretty sure it's simple for the minds of you who are experienced in the ways of the RFID, but for me, it's shaping up to be a hell of a headache. If you have a little bit of extra time to help me out, please send me a PM and I will fill you in on all the details of what this is being used for and what I'd need to be able to do.

-I'm willing to pay for your time if this turns out being a bit more complicated and/or you just won't help me otherwise =P (not as much as you'd like I'm sure...college student and all)
-I've read through manuals/getting started/several forum searches
-I've set up my proxmark and can tell it is, at least to some degree, working (voltage drops when hf/lf card is placed near hf/lf antenna, able to get hf 14a list to return non-zero values when using hf 15 read on a random card from my wallet - student ID)

From experience, I know it can be frustrating when people come through asking "how do I do x - k thx bye!" after having done no research into the topic themselves. Trying my best to not be that guy, let me know if I start to be!

#2 2012-02-28 18:40:53

Goatrodeo

Re: Looking for help duplicating a card

Actually, I don't see a PM/messaging option....so I guess you can just send me an email:  **** (at) ******** (dot) com

Last edited by Goatrodeo (2012-02-28 18:42:12)

#3 2012-02-28 21:21:55

Bugman1400
Contributor

I think you are better off giving the details of your project here. If you can't then, you should look elsewhere.

#4 2012-02-29 03:07:30

Goatrodeo

I need to be able to read a RFID card without being able to see it / know any details about it beforehand. All I need is to be able to emulate (or write would be better) the information from the card. Also, I would be able to snoop communication between the card and reader (well...I don't know how, but I'm saying that the physical act is possible in my situation).

I've gotten the proxmark up and running. The next thing I was going to do is just be able to read and write a card I can play with. I used hw tune to figure out that it is a HF card. I then did the following commands,

hf 14a read
hf 14a list
- 0 values returned
hf 15 read
hf 14a list
- non zero values returned

Does this mean I've correctly read the card into the proxmark's memory? How do I save this information on my computer and then later reload it onto the proxmark?

If I, with this information in the proxmark's memory, use hf 14a sim...does that mean the antenna is working as a clone of the RFID card? I read that hf 15 sim isn't working well...would I need to use it if I have to use hf 15 read to get info from the card?

Is there a way to read any card, regardless of what "sub-class" of hf (or lf for that matter) it is and store it in memory for later simulation?

Thank you for your time.

#5 2012-03-15 02:35:31

Goatrodeo

bump

Board footer