Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-11-20 22:51:26

J.Vega
Contributor

Limitation removed (packet length) but logging impossible for now

Hey!

I've recently managed to remove the limitation in the firmware that prevented you from sending packets > 64 byte to ISO 14443 type A tags. I did that to be able to incorporate some functions in the firmware for use with electronic identification documents (such as the German Identification Card). Now the maximum packet size is only influenced by a static buffer (currently at 512 bytes). However, I had to remove the logging capability of iso14_apdu() in the process, because I couldn't combine my new sending routines with the old logging mechanism.
I'd love to add my modifications to the repository, but I don't want to break existing functionality, especially since other parts (mifare?) seem to rely on ReaderTransmitPar(), from which I had to remove the call to LogTrace().

Should I still check my code in? (imho, the benefits outweigh the missing logging) Or is anyone interested in helping me migrate the logging functionality to my new "packet+parity" format?

#2 2012-11-21 18:44:04

asper
Contributor

Re: Limitation removed (packet length) but logging impossible for now

Great ! I just studied a new RFID card (that also has contacts and magnetic bands); if you want to I can send the necessary APDUs to add it as a "supported" card !

#3 2012-11-23 01:34:50

J.Vega
Contributor

Up to now I only implemented basic support for requesting a random nonce of the PACE protocol [1] and for measuring timings during a replay-"attack" on this protocol. Since I do not own a Proxmark myself (I merely got one for the duration of my master's thesis), I currently don't plan to extend this further. Sorry hmm

[1] https://www.bsi.bund.de/ContentBSI/EN/P … 03110.html

Last edited by J.Vega (2012-11-23 01:35:16)

#4 2012-11-26 16:33:50

vivat
Contributor

Where is your source code? I checked the link, downloaded files, but there is noting usable for pm3, just demo code.

#5 2012-11-28 23:59:06

J.Vega
Contributor

I hadn't uploaded it anywhere yet.
I have now made a branch in the Proxmark III repository. You can check it out via

svn checkout https://proxmark3.googlecode.com/svn/branches/epa/

I hope that either me or someone else can fix logging soon. Then we can put the changes back in /trunk.

Board footer