Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-03-26 17:15:34

gumball

Proxmark does not seem to work

My proxmark3 arrived yesterday. It is said to be flashed with version svn-r651. I attempted to plug it into various laptops, however it does not seem to appear under the HID interface, and the laptops only recognizes an unknown device. The light does not flash as well when I plug it into my laptop USB port. Pressing the button does not seem to trigger any lights of any sort (though it should go into different modes right?)

Since it does not appear in my HID as well, I can't seem to install the driver for it. I have attempted on windows XP and windows 7.

Can someone assist me in solving this?
thanks in advance.

#2 2013-03-26 21:07:46

rule

Re: Proxmark does not seem to work

If you have a recent bootrom/osimage, you first need to install a "driver" for windows, which is basically just one ".inf" file telling windows that it is indeed what windows thought it would be wink

Just go to the device manager and look for a "unknown device". Then, install the device using this driver.inf file.

You should see now the proxmark in the list of the (com)ports

#3 2013-03-27 02:51:58

gumball

Hi roel, thanks for replying. I attempted to update driver from the device manager for the unknown device, however when I browsed to the folder with the proxmark3.inf and attempt to proceed to the next step, it throws the following error "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware." on the XP machine.

On the win7 machine, I get the error "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. etc.."

#4 2013-09-09 23:41:10

robsoninc

I have also ran in to this issue. I had a PM3 that I bought and I was able to hold down the button, get a temp Serial Port and flash/update.. worked after that. I bought a new PM3 from the store here and I can't seem to get it to recognize. The only device that shows up on usb connection is "Unknown Device" under Universal Serial Bus controllers. With or without the pm3 button pressed. I even went as far as to display hidden devices and remove all my old PM3 setup.

Any suggestions? Windows 7 Ultimate.

#5 2013-09-10 09:34:12

midnitesnake
Contributor

Manually specify a driver, and point it to https://code.google.com/p/proxmark3/source/browse/branches/cdc/driver/proxmark3.inf?r=635

That is how I got my Windows7 to recognize the device

PS. I used Ubuntu to upgrade the device firmware to r756 first

#6 2013-09-10 18:41:20

robsoninc

I wondered why the last user comment had kind of stopped the thread. 20 minutes after my post I realized that in my own stupidity I was using the antenna port to connect to my PC. I was in such a hurry once I opened it up I didn't pay any attention.

So if you find yourself here and have the same symptoms as above.. check the cables!

Board footer